Fishing and socio-economic profile of sportive anglers of Galhetas Tip, Asturias Beach - Guarujá (SP).

Jéssica Maria Tsuruda, Rafael Barbosa do Nascimento, Walter Barrella, Milena Ramires, Matheus Marcos Rotundo

Abstract


This study was focused on the dynamics of sport fishing in Ponta das Galhetas, located on the Asturias beach, Guarujá (SP). Data were obtained with script-based semi-structure interviews with open and closed questions, concerning the socioeconomic profile of respondents and fishing. Fifty five interviews were conducted between June and October 2012. The local sport fisherman is male, with an average of 47 years (±16.03 years), complete high school, and family income between 4 and 6 minimum wages. The fishermen who live in the region correspond to 65% of respondents and the remainder (35%) resides in cities outside Baixada Santista. Only 29% of respondents have a license for sport fishing. The most sought-after species are “pescada” (Cynoscion spp.), “robalo” (Centropomus spp.), “peixe-espada” (Trichiurus lepturus), “sargo” (Anisotremus surinamensis), “parati” (Mugil curema), “pampo” (Trachinotus carolinus), “corvina” (Micropogonias furnieri), “garoupa” (Epinephelus marginatus), “peixe-galo” (Selene vomer, S. setapinnis) and “betara” (Menticirrhus americanus). Respondents practice angling for 23 years on average (±17.29 years) and the time spent in each fishery is distributed between 2 and 12 hours. Four fishes are captured on average per fishing (±3.9 fish). All respondents practiced fishing with rod and spinning reel or bait casting reels. Three techniques are used on site, with variations in the types and amounts of materials: bottom line, “boinha” and fishing for “peixe-espada”, with which the bottom line is preferred by the majority.

Full Text: PDF

Refbacks

  • There are currently no refbacks.